Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Go Blazers!!!

Lastnight was Ron Russell Middle School night at the Blazers. As we rode the bus, Enrique and I commented on how we can never get over how the smell of a school bus hasn't changed in the 20 plus years since we rode. We had a wonderful time. One of the things I enjoyed was in the program there was a section of what the players non-NBA job would be. Many said teachers, coaches, and other professional careers. So many of our students think the NFL, NBA, and MLB are just waiting for them. While I would love to see them play at that level, I want them to have something to fall back on. Thank you to the Blazers for providing our students with a 3.0 gpa and higher to attend the game for free.

1 comment:

smiliesar said...

You are right that the smell never changes. I never thought about that. How nice for the kids to be rewarded by having good grades.